The Darien Community Association (DCA) seeks an experienced, high energy and personable executive who can help take the organization to the next level by raising awareness and excitement around the DCA and all that it has to offer. Attracting new members, expanding and broadening programming/events, exploring innovative avenues for new revenue generation, and building creative ways for volunteers and staff to collaborate will be key components of this role. With the benefit of a strong foundation, both reputationally and financially, this opportunity will afford you the room to creatively shape the future direction of this well-established and highly regarded organization.
The ideal candidate will partner with the Board of Directors to develop and execute a vision for the next chapter of the DCA. The next Executive Director will serve as community interface, oversee internal program management and development, as well as have overall responsibility for staff recruitment, retention, and supervision; financial management; budget preparation; membership; fundraising; communication; information technology; marketing; collaboration; strategic and operational planning; and execution of the mission.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our ideal candidate will embody the values of the DCA and bring leadership and strategic insights to the work through the following skills and characteristics:
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience
- Compelling communicator, speaker, and writer
- Digitally savvy with enthusiasm about its possibilities
- Leads and manages with a strategic mindset, open to learning and adapting
- Business and financial acumen
- Keen understanding of the ability to listen, meet people where they are, and engage in meaningful dialogue with stakeholders
- Strong affinity for the organization’s mission and history
- An understanding of how Darien or communities of similar size and demographic operate
- Experience in the non-profit arena on a paid or volunteer basis
- Well-organized, able to multitask and work with team members, recognizing that no task is too big or too small
- Grace under pressure
- Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are only considering resume and cover letter submissions via email. Learn more here.